About the Youth Advisory Council (YAC):
The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) is a group comprised of teens from both Pittsylvania County and Danville City. The groups meet on a monthly basis. The teens assist with planning and implementing campaigns in the schools; previous campaigns have included “Marijuana, I Don’t Wanna,” “Arrive Alive,” “Join the 65%,” “RX Reality” and “What’s in your Vape?”
- Keondre Tarpley
Keondre is a freshman at Tunstall High School. He's a member of the Boys & Girls Club of the Danville Area. In his free time, he enjoys playing basketball, going fishing, and gaming with his friends.
- Alicea Farmer
Alicea is a sophomore at Dan River High School where she plays basketball, soccer, and runs track. She is very involved in the community and volunteers with several organizations such as Boys & Girls Club of the Danville Area, Dan River Basketball Youth League, and Dan River Football Youth League. In her free-time, Alicea runs her small business, Lee Lee Cares. Lee Lee care offers babysitting services including tutoring, enrichment activities, and free play.
- Sakiyah Oakes Sakiyah is a sophomore at Chatham High School where she has played JV softball and basketball. She is a member of Boys & Girls Club of the Danville Area and enjoys spending time with her friends
- Jaydon Carter
- Isaac Farmer
- Malachi James
- Jaydon is a junior at Magna Vista High School, but resides in Pittsylvania County. He is active in his community and sits on the Harvest Youth Board. Additionally, he is a member of several school clubs including Beta Club, FBLA, Debate Club, and is the President of the Spanish Club. Jaydon is a founding member of the MVTV group, which is a group that broadcasts announcements to the students and staff in a fun way as well as a founding member of the Chick-Fil-A Club where he and his peers eat Chick-Fil-A and discuss leadership roles.
- Issac is a senior at Dan River High School where he plays basketball, football, and runs track. He volunteers at Boys & Girls Club of the Danville Area, Dan River Basketball Youth League, and Dan River Football Youth League. In his spare time, he runs a small business, IKE Sports that helps kids with their fundamental skills for basketball and football. He would like to major in sports medicine.
- Malachi is a freshman at Dan River High School where he plays football and basketball. He is also a member of the Boys & Girls Club
- Chakiyah Clark
- Bradley Chappell
- Maleik Chappell
- Chakiyah is a freshman at Tunstall High School and a member of Boys & Girls Club of the Danville Area. She enjoys drawing, watching anime, painting, designing, shopping, listening to music and singing.
- Bradley is a freshman at Dan River High School where he plays football and basketball. He is very competitive and also enjoys playing video games.
- Maleik is a freshman at Dan River High School. In his free time, he enjoys being with animals, playing soccer and basketball, and building things.
- Jake Wethington
- Jake is a junior at Tunstall High School. He is a JROTC Cadet and is currently working on becoming an Eagle Scout. Jacob built a "Little Lending Library" at Twin Springs Elementary School with the help of his father for his Eagle Scout project.
- Tahj Carter
Tahj is a sophomore at George Washington High School. He played basketball on the Junior Varsity G.W. High School team. Tahj is an active member at his church where he serves in the Youth Department, the Youth Missionary Department and as a back-up drummer for the Music Department. He serves as Junior Staff at the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Danville Area.
- Isaac Farmer
Isaac is a junior at Dan River High School. He plays football, basketball, and track for the school. He also serves on 3 AAU teams within his community. Isaac serves as Junior Staff at the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Danville Area. He also works as Leader in 4-H chapter.
- Jada Pridgen
Jada is a junior at Galileo Magnet School. She plays basketball, track, and cross country and soccer. She dances at the Academy of Dance. She is an honor student and is a member of BETA and the Delta Academy. Jada loves to go shopping in her spare time.
- Imani Smith
Imani is junior at George Washington high School. She is beginning her interest in cheerleading. Imani she is currently the Keystone President, Junior Staff, and a Senior Leader with in the local Boys & Girls Clubs of the Danville Area. She is an Emerging Leader through DCC. She was a girl scout and has become an anti-bullying advocate. She has recently held an anti-bullying march to bring awareness to the issue. Imani’s hobbies include singing and dancing.
- Isis Womack
Isis Womack is a junior at Galileo Magnet High School. Isis serves as a Junior Staffer at the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Danville Area. Isis enjoys writing and reading in her spare time.
- Bryson Dixon
Bryson is a junior at George Washington High School. He is plays football for the Junior Varsity team. He is enjoys playing football and basketball in his spare time. He serves as Junior Staff at the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Danville Area.
- Taniyah Watson
Taniyah is a sophomore at George Washington High School. She is an Honor Roll student. She enjoys spending time with her younger sister and brothers in her spare time.
- Delani Anderson
Delani Anderson is a junior at George Washington High School. He enjoys playing football, basketball, gaming and sleeping.